The D-Finitive Solution to Reactive Shales and Clays
DrilCon-D® is a blend of non-ionic and anionic surface-active agents. The product is designed to reduce interfacial tension between water, solids and clays in water-based drilling fluids.
Advantages and Benefits
- Minimizes the hydration of shales, clays and formation solids
- Reduces bit and BHA balling
- Reduces solids and ultrafine solids buildup
- Increases shale shaker efficiency, no blinding
- Minimizes haul off and disposal
- Minimizes “Gumbo Downtime”
- Maximizes Rate of Penetration
- Reduces swab and surge potential
- Form: Liquid/minimal mild odor
- Color: Red
- Density: 8.3 pounds per gallon
- DrilCon-D® is available in 5-gallon buckets, 55-gallon drums, 275-gallon totes, 550-gallon bulk containers or disposable tote tanks.
Product Applications and Mixing Recommendations
- For most applications 1% by volume is sufficient.
- While drilling “Gumbo or highly reactive Clays,” add continuously at pump suction.
- For running casing through reactive formation: 1–55 gallon drum per 50 bbls drilling fluid.
To order DrilCon-D® or for more information, call 713-690-3939 or e-mail us.