FracBlack HT™ ULW Proppant
Improved Ultra-Lightweight Proppant Technology
for ENHANCED PLACEMENT & CONDUCTIVITY!
FracBlack HT™ is the third generation Ultra-LightWeight (ULW) proppant designed for use in partial monolayer fracture stimulation applications. It is an advanced thermoset nanocomposite bead, wherein an intimately dispersed nanofiller provides strong reinforcement. FracBlack HT™ can be used at closure stresses approaching 8000 psi and temperatures approaching 275°F, much greater than our earlier formulations. This breakthrough product in ULW proppant technology provides technical resolution to the primary issues related to proppant placement due to transportability, minimized settling due to the near buoyant SG and elimination of traditional fines generation.
- Can be used in partial monolayers to provide excellent closure resistance in oil and gas reservoirs
- Closure stresses of up to 8000 psi (55.16 MPa) at a temperature of 250°F (121°C)
- The low specific gravity of FracBlack HT™ approaches that of water (SG 1.06), allowing for excellent proppant distribution throughout the fracture network and exceptional results in horizontal gravel pack applications
Advantages Relative to Conventional Proppants
- Lightest proppant on the market for partial monolayer and gravel pack applications
- Allows use of slickwater carrier fluids to minimize reservoir damage
- Will not crush, chip, break or otherwise generate significant migrating fines like other proppants
- Perfectly smooth and spherical
- Non-abrasive and will not damage tubing or surface equipment during use
- Manifests excellent dissipation of static electricity, facilitating ease in handling
- No sticky resin coatings to impede your equipment
- Density: 1.054 grams/cm3 (65.8 pounds/ft3)
- U.S. Mesh Size: 14/40 and 30/80
- Glass Transition Temperature: ~ 293°F (145°C)
- Toxicity: None
Product Testing, Applications, and Patents
- The use of this product as a proppant and in other downhole applications is protected by U.S. Patents numbered 6248838, 6451953, 7803740, 7803741, 7803742, 7902125, 8006754, 8006755, and 8088718; U.S. Patent Applications numbered 20070021309, 20070161515, 20110311719, and 20110312859; World Patent Application number WO2011115800; and other patents pending.
- Prospective customers are encouraged to review the following recent Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) papers on ULW proppants: SPE 116057 (2008), SPE 119385 (2009), SPE 124767 (2009), SPE 138319 (2010) and SPE 146447 (Gravel Pack 2011).
Packaging and Delivery
Available in 2,000-pound super-sacks, FOB Belle Chasse, Louisiana, USA.
To order FracBlack HT™ Proppant or for more information, call 713-690-3939 or e-mail us.