A Smaller Solid Solution for Fluid Loss at High or Low Temperatures
SX-Plus™ Fine is a thermally stable fluid-loss additive for high- or low-temperature wells. Based on extensive lab tests and field applications, it is known that a specific particle size will seal the face of porous sands and other formations helping to reduce the differential pressure transfer. SX-Plus™ Fine graphitic particles are sized to effectively reduce fluid loss. SX-PLUS™ Fine is screened for smaller particle sizes.
SX-Plus™ Fine has a very high melting point unlike resins or gilsonite-based products. This carbon-based material has been treated at temperatures of over 600°F (315°C) providing excellent thermal stability downhole.
- Enhances fluid loss reduction
- Enhances shale inhibition
- Excellent sealing characteristics
- Controls seepage loss in weighted systems
- Wall cake conditioner
- Minimizes differential pressure sticking
- Decreases friction and wear
- Compatible with other drilling fluid additives
- Minimizes damage to production zones
- Broad range particle size distribution
- Non-polluting, non-sheening
- Does not alter mud rheological properties
- Does not foam
- Greatly improves lubricity of fluid
- Meets LC50 guidelines
- Mixes easily on location
- Specific gravity: 1.5
- Color: Black/Gray
- Appearance: Free flowing graphitic particle
- Flash point: >350°F (>177°C)
- Melting point: >500°F (>260°C)
- Solubility: Negligible in water or oil
- Sizing: 100% through 40 mesh, 80% through 200 mesh
- Preventive maintenance or moderate loss: 4 to 5 ppb (11.41 kg/m3 to 14.27 kg/m3)
- Excessive or abnormal loss: 6 to 8 ppb (17.12 kg/m3 to 22.82 kg/m3)
- Adjust treatment to conditions or pilot test
- SX-Plus™ Fine is available in 50-pound bags (22.6 kg), 50 sacks per pallet.
To order SX-Plus™ Fine or for more information, call 713-690-3939 or e-mail us.